Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen brisket with coffee rub hot and fast (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen brisket with coffee rub hot and fast (sort of)

Been itching to do another brisket. I have found that a coffee rub I found on youtube is pretty damn tasty on steaks. So I thought I would try it on brisket. Bought a 15lb prime packer from costco on Friday and put it in the fridge with plans to start it early this morning. Woke up and the Brisket was almost frozen solid (mind you nothing else was frozen). set it out to thaw for a few hours. Finally at around 9am I could work with it and trim it. Put the coffee rub on with additional salt.

Set up my 22" WSM without the drip pan and a full bag of kingsford with hickory, apple and mesquite chunks. Poured half a chimney on it. Got the Brisket on and current temps are 329 and rising slowly. I am dialing it back down and would like to keep it around 300ish.

Fortunately no guests today but dinner maybe late. Happy Labor day y'all.

Pics will be forthcoming at the end.

I’d be interested in that coffee rub recipe if you care to share?

Comment

• cccq
      cccq commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a little different from the original (measurements in parenthesis are the original). I decreased the chili and cayenne cuz I thought they over powered the meat and other stuff. I usually salt the meat a little prior to rub.

2 Tbsp ground coffee
      3 Tbsp salt
      1 Tbsp black pepper
      2 Tbsp brown sugar
      1/2 tsp chili powder (1tsp)
      1/2 tsp cayenne powder (1tsp)
      1tsp onion powder
      1tsp garlic powd

• cccq
      cccq commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried buying one but it wasn't as good.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      cccq thanks man, got some t-bones for dinner tonight that this will go on

Try that rub on pork roast some time.

Comment

Sounds very good.

Comment

Pics to prove that it actually happened. The brisket turned out fine, it was tender and juicy. No smoke ring but it tasted great. The rub was pretty good but I should have salted more or dry brined. One thing I learned is that I suck at foiling briskets. They always seem to leak. The cook time was about 6 hours.

Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job - I have been waiting all day for the photos. I know you have been cooking all day waiting to taste!

Nice. I’ll have to give this a try sometime

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here