Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs question

I found a package in the freezer labeled beef ribs. When I thawed out out, it's a package of individual ribs. I'd like to smoke them but I'm not sure how long they'll take. The attached image shows them in an 8x8 baking pan for scale. Any suggestions?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8B54074E-CED9-4D6E-9010-9C0087FA35A4.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	560437

Those look to be big beef ribs. Yes smoke, but I've had beef short ribs take 7 hours.

Comment

First put the horn down, then dry brine em, then slow cook em, easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
        Those look to be big beef ribs. Yes smoke, but I've had beef short ribs take 7 hours.
        I'm making some pork ribs to go with them so I'll start them at the same time. Thanks!

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          The beef will likely take a bit longer than the pork (especially if the pork are back ribs).

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          and dot use the same rub, use what you use on your brisket. I like hot sauce as a binder too.

St Louis on the pork ribs. I'll start the beef ribs about 45 minutes before the pork ribs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B797C0D-1935-4B48-BACD-8BBF83C66CB0.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	560563

Comment

First beef ribs were done after four hours. The bigger ones are still going but getting close. Even at 230 they shrink a lot. I'm guessing because they were separated? Good beef flavor just hard to compare to the last meal pork ribs. Click image for larger version  Name:	B750E83E-5725-4876-945F-977657CC6805.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	560764

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man, they look so good!

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              beef ribs always draw up like that, even when left as a plate rack.

Cook 'em to 200ish, then wrap in foil and hold in a warm environment for an hour or two (faux cambro), then enjoy!

Comment

I didn't think to wrap them. Probably a sin but I stuck them in the fridge and reheated them at dinner time. Still turned out great. We made the pork ribs as backup as the beef ribs were pretty old but we didn't end up even touching them. They'll make good leftovers tomorrow! Thanks
              for all the tips today! I love the pit!

Click image for larger version  Name:	301FB2B6-DDA2-4E5D-9FA8-E8D4BFBE6C9E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	561033

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh man, then send them beefies to me! They're my favorite.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here