Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found an "End of the Rainbow" Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    We keep saying that Jerod but "The Man" doesn't heed our complaints.

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    That's one of the down sides of this website. It's ruined me and the Mrs. for ordering when we eat out. Soooooo, much better at home

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    "Gift Card" per diem. Capping is not good. Tis never good to manipulate a free market system.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Ours is use it or lose it... so I guess it's not really per diem. It's expenses covered but capped.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    I like to bring most of my per diem home, so it's Bryan Beef Bologna and cheaper.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Y'all are funny.

On travel days that I eat at a steakhouse I always go over my per diem. I don't mind spending $20 or $30 to test out all the techniques out there. Maybe one day I'll find a steakhouse that teaches me something (so far notsomuch tho). The missus and I very rarely go out nowadays, and when we do we ask ourselves why we did.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post

Was that directed at the originator of this thread?
    Lol, not intentionally. At least Pit Boss knows how to cook BETTER than the steakhouses.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    The thing about those fancy steakhouses is if you're a wealthy person or businessman with the company card, then you don't care
    Was that directed at the originator of this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Wartface View Post
    Nice... Well done. The marbling is great. 9 steaks at $11 per serving. I was in Las Vegas about a month ago. I went to a steak house there called STK. I had a 1 1/2" Ribeye with fettuccine Alfredo and asparagus. I asked the guy is a prime grade steak? He said it was a farm to table grade that was the equivalent to prime... Which means it was Choice. I paid $95 for the food then $60 for a bottle of Merlot. I thought... What Rip off! I knew I could prepare a real Prime ribeye, the fettuccine and the asparagus at home for NO more than $20. That $60 bottle of wine I can buy at at Costco for $20. After that meal I decided I WILL NOT order steaks in a restaurant anymore.
    I've come to that conclusion a few years ago myself. Wine is often $8-13/glass for the same wine that costs $13 a bottle at the grocery store. The thing about those fancy steakhouses is if you're a wealthy person or businessman with the company card, then you don't care. But for the average working man without excess disposable income, who can cook steak at home with good information like AmazingRibs, nope!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Nice... Well done. The marbling is great. 9 steaks at $11 per serving. I was in Las Vegas about a month ago. I went to a steak house there called STK. I had a 1 1/2" Ribeye with fettuccine Alfredo and asparagus. I asked the guy is a prime grade steak? He said it was a farm to table grade that was the equivalent to prime... Which means it was Choice. I paid $95 for the food then $60 for a bottle of Merlot. I thought... What Rip off! I knew I could prepare a real Prime ribeye, the fettuccine and the asparagus at home for NO more than $20. That $60 bottle of wine I can buy at at Costco for $20. After that meal I decided I WILL NOT order steaks in a restaurant anymore.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Wow Wow Wow! #Beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    "Oh my goodnuss, oh my dayum!"

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    looks awesome!! Boss

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    thats where I get all my meats from

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Nice. Big surprise, the rest was sliced up PRETTY thick.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here