Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found an "End of the Rainbow" Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an "End of the Rainbow" Deal

I ran along this not so little hunk of meat at Coscto a few days ago and could not resist the chance to make use of the new vac sealer. Flash masked it but the weight was 11 lbs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6321.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	56040

Here she is in all her glory:

Name:	IMG_6322.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	56041

More to follow...
    Attached Files

Wowzer....I need to find a Costco, never mind, I just spunt $1391 on our Yukon XL. Gotta love that RIGHT after Christmas.

A prime beast that big....gotta love that!!

Comment

Nice... Costco I find to be THE BEST meat source available. They don't have specialty beef like wagyu but the Prime is fine with me. I like their 2 packs of butts/shoulders. Their 3 packs of ribs are excellent too. I buy chuck roast there the use to make Meatheads Steakhouse Burgers.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        The chuck roast in the PBC chuckie thread I started a few days ago was from Costco. Love Costco.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        thats where I get all my meats from

Sweeeeettt!

Comment

Here is a shot of the interior. The marbling isn't bad at all.

Name:	IMG_6326.JPG
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	56151

I got 9 steaks out of it. Each was about 1 3/4" thick and weighed between 16 and 18 ounces.

Name:	IMG_6329.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	56150

Last year I stayed at a hotel with a fancy restaurant on site. They served prime steak hand carved on premises. The hotel also had a pub just outside the steakhouse. The pub had one of my favorite road meals ever they called "Pub steak and duck fat fries". The steak was basically the irregular end pieces of of a KC strip or ribeye loin and the duck fat fries were fried fingerling potatoes served with a duck fat dip on the side. Anyway, from that inspiration I decided to make pub steaks out of the end pieces and cook them hot and fast on the 13 yr old Weber Gasser.

Here are the end pieces coated with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Name:	IMG_6334.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	56155

Grill Grates up to temp.

Name:	IMG_6336.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	56152

The sear.

Name:	IMG_6339.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	56153

The final results. Tasted like pure awesome.

Name:	IMG_6342.JPG
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	56154

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          looks awesome!! Boss

Nice. Big surprise, the rest was sliced up PRETTY thick.

Comment

"Oh my goodnuss, oh my dayum!"

Comment

Wow Wow Wow! #Beautiful

Comment

Nice... Well done. The marbling is great. 9 steaks at $11 per serving. I was in Las Vegas about a month ago. I went to a steak house there called STK. I had a 1 1/2" Ribeye with fettuccine Alfredo and asparagus. I asked the guy is a prime grade steak? He said it was a farm to table grade that was the equivalent to prime... Which means it was Choice. I paid $95 for the food then $60 for a bottle of Merlot. I thought... What Rip off! I knew I could prepare a real Prime ribeye, the fettuccine and the asparagus at home for NO more than $20. That $60 bottle of wine I can buy at at Costco for $20. After that meal I decided I WILL NOT order steaks in a restaurant anymore.

Comment

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                That's one of the down sides of this website. It's ruined me and the Mrs. for ordering when we eat out. Soooooo, much better at home

Originally posted by Wartface View Post
              Nice... Well done. The marbling is great. 9 steaks at $11 per serving. I was in Las Vegas about a month ago. I went to a steak house there called STK. I had a 1 1/2" Ribeye with fettuccine Alfredo and asparagus. I asked the guy is a prime grade steak? He said it was a farm to table grade that was the equivalent to prime... Which means it was Choice. I paid $95 for the food then $60 for a bottle of Merlot. I thought... What Rip off! I knew I could prepare a real Prime ribeye, the fettuccine and the asparagus at home for NO more than $20. That $60 bottle of wine I can buy at at Costco for $20. After that meal I decided I WILL NOT order steaks in a restaurant anymore.
              I've come to that conclusion a few years ago myself. Wine is often $8-13/glass for the same wine that costs $13 a bottle at the grocery store. The thing about those fancy steakhouses is if you're a wealthy person or businessman with the company card, then you don't care. But for the average working man without excess disposable income, who can cook steak at home with good information like AmazingRibs, nope!

Comment

The thing about those fancy steakhouses is if you're a wealthy person or businessman with the company card, then you don't care
                Was that directed at the originator of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post

Was that directed at the originator of this thread?
                  Lol, not intentionally. At least Pit Boss knows how to cook BETTER than the steakhouses.

Comment

Y'all are funny.

On travel days that I eat at a steakhouse I always go over my per diem. I don't mind spending $20 or $30 to test out all the techniques out there. Maybe one day I'll find a steakhouse that teaches me something (so far notsomuch tho). The missus and I very rarely go out nowadays, and when we do we ask ourselves why we did.

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ours is use it or lose it... so I guess it's not really per diem. It's expenses covered but capped.

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Gift Card" per diem. Capping is not good. Tis never good to manipulate a free market system.

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We keep saying that Jerod but "The Man" doesn't heed our complaints.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here