Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie rib roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie rib roast

So, this was pretty simple. I salted early in the morning, and right before the cook I rubbed with pepper, garlic powder, and something I have called "Red Meat Rub", it has other rubby type stuff in it.

I started it with the lid closed, but temps ran really really hot, like 450*+; So after about 15 minutes I ran it the rest of the cook with the lid open. It was plenty hot, two full baskets. I took it to 130* because we had three guests plus Mrs Mosca who prefer medium. With the Thermapen it was easy, the rotisserie spins very slowly. The cook took about 100 minutes all told.

This was pretty much one of the best damn rib roasts ever. Even done to medium, it was tender and juicy and meaty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E06FA9A0-E02F-429E-81FD-C7C06CE5BC9A.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	560081

​​​​​​​

Looks delicious! I never mind medium beef, especially with rubby type stuff on it.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks great. I've been wanting to spin a beef roast of some kind.

Comment

I was mostly worried about the temperature, and rightly so; two full baskets of charcoal and a closed lid are way to hot for a rib roast. What I did was, there is a position where the lid is half open, shielding the basket on the left. This creates a zone where the radiant heat is enough to cook the meat, but it isn't trapped. I'll add a photo when I get home.

Comment

I found that I could rest the bottom edge of the lid on some clips that I store on the bail, giving a half-hood effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	99C3F0EA-8792-4D2D-92C9-E6FC3A6BA731.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	560654

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here