Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Best Beef Results Yet - Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Best Beef Results Yet - Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

Hey folks,
    I haven't had a lot of success with smoking beef yet. My first brisket was ok at best. Have not tried another yet... It isn't exactly cheap here. However, I found two beautiful chuck roasts at Costco the other day for a good price. Decided to try making some burnt ends with them.

I tried making my own rub and my own sauce for these. First time doing both without following an exact recipe I found online. I am happy to say that both were a smashing success!

I went very heavy on the rub. Smoked the chuck roasts with hickory at 225F until they hit 190F internal. Pulled em off the smoker and cut em into chucks. Placed them into a disposable aluminum pan. Coated evenly in my sauce and threw on some more rub for good measure. Placed back on the smoker for 2hrs.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics of the process. All I have are pics of the results. They were incredibly tender and soooo full of flavor.

This is one that will definitely be happening again.
    Attached Files

That looks great! What's your address again??

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'd send you sime but they would probably spoil by the time they arrived... And that would depend on there being left overs, which we both know is not likely lol

They look great!

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 😁

Ya got my mouth waterin'.

Comment

Whoa! Sounds and looks fantastic!

Comment

Chuckie chunks....nice !!!

Comment

Those look an sound delicious!!!
          Great Job, there!!!!

Comment

That looks good enough to eat

Comment

Love smoked chuckies! These look great by the way!

Comment

Oh man. Made me hungry.

Comment

You've inspired me to try something similar, except I think I will cut the chuck roast into cubes first, and smoke that way, so that each piece has bark. My wife may get mad at me turning one of her cookie cooling or roasting racks black on the smoker though...

Comment

• Xandera_7
                    Xandera_7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool idea. Only concern would be drying out the smaller pieces of meat... Timing will be key on that one.

• Scout789
                    Scout789 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Easy Off oven cleaner will make that rack nice and shiny again. She'll never know!

I've done chuck roast burnt ends a few times now and they are always a big hit. Though due to some time constraints, rather than taking them to 190, cutting into chunks, saucing, and returning to the smoker for 2 hours, I've pulled them at 170-180, cut into chunks, sauce, then finish in a foil pan on the grill over med-high heat for about 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Nice job on those burnt ends! I bet they were good

Comment

• Xandera_7
                      Xandera_7 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Soooo goooood!

I have a question's about your method and type of sauce. are you using a BBQ type? Tomato base?
                    Are you wrapping in Foil?

Comment

• Xandera_7
                      Xandera_7 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bbq Sauce
                      Tomato Base
                      No Wrapping

Originally posted by Xandera_7 View Post
                    Hey folks,
                    I haven't had a lot of success with smoking beef yet. My first brisket was ok at best. Have not tried another yet... It isn't exactly cheap here. However, I found two beautiful chuck roasts at Costco the other day for a good price. Decided to try making some burnt ends with them.

I tried making my own rub and my own sauce for these. First time doing both without following an exact recipe I found online. I am happy to say that both were a smashing success!

I went very heavy on the rub. Smoked the chuck roasts with hickory at 225F until they hit 190F internal. Pulled em off the smoker and cut em into chucks. Placed them into a disposable aluminum pan. Coated evenly in my sauce and threw on some more rub for good measure. Placed back on the smoker for 2hrs.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics of the process. All I have are pics of the results. They were incredibly tender and soooo full of flavor.

This is one that will definitely be happening again.
                    Wow! Exactly what I'm looking for and to do for our Christmas Family Party!! Hope they turn out as good as these look!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here