Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaching out from Prague, Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaching out from Prague, Czech Republic

Hi all - American guy, now living in Prague. Have posted here before when I first got my WSM (large). Moved to Prague about a year ago, am now bbq-ing here. Thought I'd share my experience this past weekend. Did up a brisket, just under 10 lbs. Brisket had been in my freezer for months, kind of forgotten about it. Had been saving it as full size briskets are oddly hard to find here. U.S. beef. As noted, large WSM. Used the rub Meathead has on the ultimate brisket page. Salted overnight (12 hours or so). Kingsford coal. Put in the WSM at 0805 at 220 degrees. Used the C shape method for the coals. Don't think I used enough as I had to add at about 4.5 hours in. Ambient temp was around 65 F at start, 80 F at finish. Was able to control temp between 220 and 240 the whole day. Hit the stall at around 3.5 hours in. Wrapped in foil. Meat hit 203 F at almost exactly 7 hours. Pulled off, put into cooler, kept there for almost five hours until temp dropped to 149 F. Unwrapped, sliced, enjoyed. Really good flavor, tender, nice spice coverage, good bark. In any case, before and after pics below. Got another brisket in the freezer, will be doing again in a few weeks I think. john
    Attached Files

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Congrats, amigo!
      Looks like a delicious brisket!
      Nice Job!

Comment

Very well done and thanks for the photos.

Comment

Nice work man! Good to see you are spreading the BBQ love over seas.

Comment

Good lookin cook. Did any Pragians or Praguers, you know peeps of Prague, get to taste the evidence?

Comment

John, you’re a lucky guy. I think that Prague was my absolute favorite city to visit when I was at the IAEA in Vienna. And, cooking brisket. If you get desperate, the commissary at the UN complex sometimes got things like brisket. If we were really craving things we couldn’t find in Wien, we made a quick trip to Bratislava. Seemed like we could find most things over there.

Best regards,

Jim

Comment

The Brisket look wonderful. Great Job!

Comment

I was able to visit Prague earlier this year. What an amazing place to see. Glad too see you're showing them what real BBQ is. And damn that brisket looks good! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977[1].JPG
Views:	125
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	548649

Comment

Thanks everybody - was a fun day. A few replies and comments to the above - idleratchet - nice pic of Wenceslas square. Looks to be Feb/Mar time frame. I live not far from there. jgg85234 - love Vienna, beautiful city as well. As to source of the brisket, it came from the commissary in Grafenwohr, Germany. Honestly, though, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out after spending so long in the freezer. But a long defrost and all seemed just fine. As noted, will do it again and now with a bit more confidence will actually invite people over to share. Or not........ In any case, had done a few times back home (VA), but wasn't sure what to expect somewhere else. Happy to report all is good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here