Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Roast on the Pit Barrel Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northside Brian
    replied
    My favorite chuckie version still is wolfpits pepper stout beef. But I add in a ton of mushrooms and extra beef broth if I am doing a 4 lb or larger chuck roast. There have been many nights where my plate just has a pile of the meat and some kind of veggie.

Leave a comment:

• PJBowmaster
    commented on 's reply
    Well that's a hell of an endorsement! Funny you should say replace brisket. We cook outdoors year round. And we love steak. Which most of the time means Center Cut Chuck Eyes rather than Ribeyes due to cost. We love em! So this totally resonates with me....

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Ohmigosh, PJBowmaster , you've got a real taste treat in store! Use the pulled beef from the chuckie in a Philiaelphia cheesesteak sammie, add it in place of ground beef to chili, lasagna, meat marinara spaghetti sauce, chile colorado, tacos, etc...the list goes on and on. It may just replace brisket as your go-to smoked beef fav.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• PJBowmaster
    replied
    This is an absolutely AWESOME thread! I have to admit that smoked and pulled Chuck Roast had not occurred to me previously. Which is strange because we eat a fair amount of Chuck Roast cooked in the oven. Anyway, I'm thinking about trying this on Saturday. The forecast here in Mid Michigan is for 30 f and Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. My Pit is a Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault. Does anyone have experience with this unit. I'm still learning what it can do. Any concerns about holding temp? I would appreciate any insights. PJ

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome Kariandscott! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Kariandscott
    commented on 's reply
    I have a theory on this because I have experienced the same thing. Honestly, I think that when we are smoking meat all day long we are smelling and tasting smoke all day, and we just get desensitized to the flavor. When you eat leftovers your senses are back to normal.

• Baker Dan
    replied
    Looks great

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Whole Paycheck--I like that, Breadhead. I wish we had a Costco nearby. I have to settle for whatever Walmart or Sam's Club has, which is NEVER the prime cut. Fresh Market sells prime flats for $$$ but I like to smoke packers anyway, even if I wanted to pay their exorbitant price.

K.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    In Hermosa Beach, Ca, Whole Paycheck, aka Whole Foods sells a usda choice grade brisket for $9.99 per pound. 5 miles down the road Costco sells a usda Prime grade brisket for $2.79 per pound. Personally I refuse to buy anything but usda Prime briskets. I will not pay more the $3.50 per pound.

• ronron240z
    replied
    Very nice

Leave a comment:

• dmorgan73
    replied
    Chuck Roast has a nice beefy flavor and you can't beat the price compared to other beef cuts. Where I live brisket costs $8.99 per/lb for choice, but chuck is usually only $3.99 per/lb and tastes great. Nice cook!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by cstrfd4 View Post
    Would butcher paper work with this recipe? Going to do my first chuck from Costco Sunday on my pbc

Sure. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!

Leave a comment:

• GBA
    replied
    Would butcher paper work with this recipe? Going to do my first chuck from Costco Sunday on my pbc

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit russon81! I'm looking forward to your photos. See you around The Pit!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thank us with pics of the cook!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here