Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeye Caps - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye Caps - Part Deux

The glorious thing about the USDA Prime ribeye caps at Costco is that they come in a 4-pack and we only eat 2 at a time. 🙌🏻 I grilled these about a month ago and changed up a few things this time around.
    1. I just got my shipment of Hank’s Beef Rub and had to try it out. VERY yummy stuff Henrik everyone liked it! I definitely think it improved the flavor.
    2. I picked up some Kingsford Professional at Costco, first time trying it. It was solid, steady temps, less ash than KBB.
    3. I needed to do the baked potatoes on the grill. I used Meathead’s recipe for grilled baked potatoes which calls for an ambient temp of 325F. So I did that rather than 225F for the indirect portion of the cook.
    I started with 1/2 lit chimney in the 26” with SNS XL. The potatoes were on for 90 min indirect, the steaks for ~60 min before they reached 120F IT. Then I added another 1/2 lit chimney and let the upside down GrillGrates heat up before searing. The steaks were a perfect medium-rare. The potatoes were AWESOME, even my kiddo who has never had more than a bite of one ate her’s. I had some S&G rub on my potato too. Another great rub acquired, and another great Sunday family dinner in the books!
    Attached Files

Nice job.

Comment

I was at Costco Friday and saw ribeye caps! I didn’t get any since I was there for tenderloin but will be getting a few soon! Thanks for sharing your set up on these!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Any memory of tenderloin would have been erased seeing those!

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF yes, in most cases. But I was on my mission of getting what I needed for beef Wellington. I will be back for those!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes, the Wellington - a fine piece of work!

Love those Spinalis Dorsi’s !!!

Comment

I haven't seen caps at my Costco, but I am going to ask about them. Nice job!

Comment

How cool! I love seeing the rub being used and appreciated, thanks! Great cook! I have recently gotten 'back' into baked potatoes also, they lend themselves very well for indirect grilling. I've never had/bought ribeye caps, that cut isn't available here. Looks like the best part of the ribeye.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed it is. Maybe the best cut on the steer.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here