Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 18th! Beef Wellington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 18th! Beef Wellington!

my wife and I celebrate our 18th anniversary this Sunday. But I am traveling for work that day so I decided to do it up for dinner tonight and whip up some gluten free puff pastry and make Beef Wellington.

I made a gluten free puff pastry for the wife, bought shiitake, baby portobellos and criminis for the duxelles. I made up the duxelles, pastry dough and seared a great looking tenderloin. It was definitely a process to get done but never have making this I was determined to make up the best 18th anniversary dinner to go with a wonderful super Tuscan red wine I picked up to accompany dinner.

After making the duxelles, I started on the red wine reduction sauce and kept moving forward with the beef and pastry. Thrownin some carrots cia sous vide and we were on point! After a 5 hour process, which I really shortened by 24 hours, we celebrated dinner with our 17 yo daughter and 13yo son and enjoyed probably the best meal I have prepared! The flavor from the beef, duxelles and red wine sauce accompanied with the pastry dough was amazing!

So much umami coming from the mushrooms, and then everything else made for a wonderful celebration!

If uou havent tried Beef Wellington, give it a go. You will not be disappointed!
    Attached Files

Happy anniversary! Very nice dinner.

Comment

That looks amazing!!! Good job!

Happy 18th!

Comment

Yea congrats on your 18th. I’ve got a tenderloin in the freezer, I might take you up on your suggestion. Have not done one in quit sometime. Your’s looks really good, classy meal for a special time !!

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          This was a fun cook. I’ve never prepared this but have always wanted to. The homemade pastry dough was what kept me from trying. It wasn’t the easiest butt came out great. Next time I’ll either make single Wellington’s to ensure better contact or use more dough so that I can get better coverage. It split on me during the baking process.

But turned out nice! Thanks for he comments T!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          One suggestion is to wrap very tightly in Saran Wrap and spin the ends real tight. Refrigerate for at least 30 min before cooking. Gets everything snug!!

NICE! On all counts! 'Nuff said.

Comment

Congratulations on everything. Great job on the dinner

Comment

With cooking like this , we see why she puts up with you. 😄
            Just kidding of course. Congratulations on your anniversary and the Wellington looks excellent.

Comment

Great job and happy anniversary.

Comment

Splendid Job, amigo!
                Thanks fer sharin with us, an Happy Anniversary!

Comment

That looks great. Not an easy dish to make. Ive done it a few times and the secret ive found is when you think youve cooked the duxelles down enough...cook it some more. The first time i did it i made that mistake and it ended up a soggy mess.

Great job

Comment

• barelfly
                    barelfly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! And yes, I kept cooking the duxelles and smashing down to see if moisture would release. I went longer than recipe called for to get it to a paste.

WOW! Happy anniversary!

Comment

Looks great. It's an awesome dish for special occasions.

Comment

Excellent job on the Wellington! And happy anniversary!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here