Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing a brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shify
    replied
    Try to make some sort of braise with it and soak in liquid. Simplest way would be to slice, add to a pan and cover with beef broth and simmer for an hour or however long is needed until it starts falling apart.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I agree with the above, anything to add liquid- soup, stew, chili, lasagna, omelette, frittata, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Cut it up for chili meat? There is probably some part of it that is just tender enough to work for that. Welcome to the Pit, BTW!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Chili.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Got any dogs?

Leave a comment:

• Luis Alcaraz
    started a topic Fixing a brisket

Fixing a brisket

hi guys. Tried my first brisket and I screwed up. Let one of the vents on my WSM open by mistake. Hard as a leather belt. Flavor is very good though, and salty-ness is perfect. Any ideas how can I put this to work? A bean recipe perhaps? Mixed with Scrambled eggs maybe? I would hate to throw it away

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here