Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolled Rump Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled Rump Roast

Anyone have any good ideas , techniques or recipes for a smoked rolled rump roast? I have about 4 of these guys in the freezer and the other day it came to my mind to ask this huge, skilled and creative community what to do with them. I'm all ears as the traditional oven or crockpot cook tends to create a tough and unflavor dinner . Thanks!
    Can't be smoked
    0%
    Stick to the oven or crockpot
    0%
    Throw them to the dogs
    0%
    Smoke em while you got em
    100.00%

I just did a rump roast, you can see my post in SUWYC post. I cooked it indirectly in a Weber kettle to medium rare then reverse seared like a big steak. Having done that I had to cut it very thin and against the grain because it’s a tough cut. I treated it essentially like pit beef.

It may benefit from a slow braise or smoke, I just don’t prefer well done in this cut. One thought, if you have a circulator, is to sous vide and sear.

Comment

• Scottalon
      Scottalon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response and ideas - I will take a look at your post also.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Those seem the best two approaches to me. If you SV, you can also put some smoke on it afterwards (or before).

Welcome to The Pit Scott.

Comment

• Scottalon
      Scottalon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RonB - it's a great place full of ideas and wisdom.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here