Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Bone Rib Steak - how to cook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Bone Rib Steak - how to cook?

Morning guys, from a windy but thankfully cooler London!

I’ve just had a lovely big rib steak delivered that I’m planning on cooking on a Weber with SnS later on. It’s got two bones in so I’m wondering whether it would be better to cut it into two before cooking so there’s more crust to meat ratio.

What are your thoughts? How would you do it?

Attached Files

I would leave it whole cook till 135 tops reverse sear

Comment

I agree with customtrim. Rub it with Meatheads Simon and Garfunkle and reverse sear.

Comment

That's pretty much a personal decision. When you have prime rib, do you fight for an end slice? Then cut it in two. If you crave the rare/medium rare middle slices, leave it whole! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think I’m going to leave it as is, will post results later!

Comment

Here goes!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s a real good looking meal!

Looking great!

Comment

All done. The in laws were visiting for the BBQ so I had to cook it to medium rather than MR to keep everyone happy but I think it came out ok

thanks for all all the advice, hope your cooks went well too!

Attached Files

Comment

• shify
                shify commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great. Hope you at least got to keep the bones for yourself as compensation!

• KingLouie
                KingLouie commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha I did, that’s a given.

Let the folks who want medium, eat the chicken... Good job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here