Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs eat ground beef and kibble in my household. Plus treats like lamb lungs, etc.

Comment

customtrim Well I think you are nuts, but not because you cook for your dogs. I'd like to be your dog.

carry on fine sir.

its all gone to the dogs around here.

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that in a mental way

When we cook fish, we do a few fillets unseasoned for the dogs. When we do steak, sometimes they get one, but usually they get what the wife doesn't eat. When we make chicken they split an unseasoned breast. Never cooked anything JUST for them, but that's just because if the grill gets fired up, we all eat. Not crazy at all )

Comment

Made some seared Salmon on the griddle last night for dinner. Our German Shepard and Berner enjoyed some as well

Comment

sign me up to be a dog! that looks great. our pups is drooling

Comment

@customtrim
            Is your OKJ straight off the shelf or did you get the modification kit for it?

Comment

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              Straight off the shelf. Confusing part is it is 279.00 at bjs and 500 and up everywhere else. This model comes with the baffles,and firebox, 2 grates for the firebox which I have wrapped in foil to use as a heat diffuser to help even out the temps. Only thing I have done is added a gasket to the door and silicone the other parts

Dog Bread (recipe!)

Your favorite corn bread recipe (don't use sweet, leave the sugar out)
            cooked up ground beef, pork, chicken chopped (one or a mix of meats -- my pup loved sausage)
            Add some brewers yeast for vitamins.

Bake as you normally would -- use lots of bacon fat to slick the pan up.

I started doing this for my first dog when she developed a skin allergy. This kept her looking sleek and sassy.

My brother in law raided my frig one evening and came out munching on a piece of this!

Comment

Raw meat/poultry diet for our dog and cat. Cooking denatures the protein. Been doing this awhile.

Comment

When I die I want to come back as a dog that's owned by a member of this site.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got it there, Brother! Just got done giving some short rib to a dog and a cat. They happy.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here