Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Food

So some on here do not believe me, some on here think I'm nuts it's all good either way but here is the sirloin I'm am cooking up for some 4 legged friends today. As you can see there is no rub or spices on it will be treats for 4 if not 5 dogs. I am using cherry and ash in the Oklahoma Joe will be some good practice time for me. It maybe overcast but it is still like being in the tropics here in Ohio. Later today is my tiny wings on the weber kettle Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_085401.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	535374Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_085414.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	535375Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_085425.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	535376

Dog party at customtrims house! grrrrrrr..woof!

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Come on over i have plenty of meat to share, and I know some great meat places in the area

Red Leaf Banana?

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I also have a dwarf in the front yard

So let me git this straight, the dogs get sirloin and you git chicken wings???? Dang, either you really love your dogs or there's something terribly wrong here

Comment

Troutman a few months back asked a small newly opened butcher if he had tri tip he said yes and the price was great . I said I would take 3. A week later he said my order was ready. I went into get it and along with my other stuff was 3 10lb sirloins. Type of person i am i did not say a word paid for them. I have a half of one left. So today is the dogs day for a treat . And I love wings

Comment

Unless I've missed a postin, or ya have ommitted one, ain't this, like, th first major cook fer yer dogs, on yer new OKJ?
        How did that go?
        They like it okay?
        An how ya likin yer new cooker?
        Dogs are far better judges of such things, than mere humans!

Comment

• customtrim
          customtrim commented
          Editing a comment
          It is first big cook and who better to try it out on. The roast is done and resting while the dogs are pacing back and forth. Love this cooker best thing I did now maybe next year will do a upgrade on one

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Cool Beans, indeed, Brother!
          Not previously divulged, to anybody, not family, or friends, but's here's my secret strategy:
          If I conduct myself, in this life, in an exemplary fashion, then, mebbe, jus mebbe, I can come back as a dog, next go round???
          I shure hope, an pray so, else, wise, I've completely 'messed' up, an missed out on enjoyin a whole lotta Naughty!

So here is the finished product, again no rubs,salt ,pepper just pure unadulterated beef. Might have to steal a couple of slices for a sandwich. First pic is fatcap side Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_134531.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	535510Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_134554.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	535511Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_134609.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	535512

Comment

• customtrim
          customtrim commented
          Editing a comment
          EdF there is plenty i am sharing with a English Mastiff nest door so he won't eat me and a couple of designer bulldogs, they will probably have certain demands for it before they can have it, cloth napkins or something stupi

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          From where I jus sat down, an come in on this conversation, it looks, to me, at least, like a dang dang good night to be a Dog!
          My very best regards to all canines involved, an even certain humans, too, beins how I'm feelin all kinda gracious, all of a sudden!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 24, 2018, 06:57 AM.

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          i'm not usually a fan of sirloin but darn that looks good!

So for the ones who think I I' am nuts for doing cooks for my dogs. When a member of anyone who loses a pet everyone will say how they will be missed and such. The story behind these two dogs and the abuse they have endured i just believe that they deserve a little something extra now and then. The German Shepard suffered the most and still cowers from time to time. If anyone comes over she will hide till they leave. I don't believe they deserved that kind of treatment so yes they have it made here get fed well and will be missed if anything happens to them.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          The dog who saved my life was promised steak, and she got it for 10 years before she passed away earlier this year. But you can't treat one without treating the rest of the pack. We regularly pressure cook chicken for them, or even sauté some chicken livers. If there's cheap beef at the supermarket, they'll get that too. They deserve it.
          Last edited by EdF; July 21, 2018, 01:10 PM.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are nuts, then I am psychotic. I cook for my dogs just about everyday, ground pork, scrambled eggs, dinner trimming, etc. goes in with their breakfast kibble that has been soaked to soften up for them. Nobody is called nuts for cooking for their human children, those of use with four legged children shouldn't be thought of different.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I never once, even fer a minute thought ya was crazy fer cookin briskets fer yer dogs...nossir...
          Quite th contrary, I jus thought ya were bein lovin, an generous. Silly me, I reckon...
          There's millions of folks, worldwide, who can verify th fact that I always have loved animals more than people. Ptui.

My two pugs enjoy my BBQ also. I’ve never BBQd just for them but I’ll put some on the grill unseasoned for them most times I BBQ. They seem to love smoked chicken the most.

Comment

I love my dog to death. I make sure she gets treated royally. Keep those dogs happy!

Comment

Love this thread. My terror, uh, terrier looks forward to meat smoking days just as much as I do. Since he is so small (11 lbs but punching above his weight), he usually gets a little of whatever I cook.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL! What flavour of "Terror" do ya have?

• Bumby
              Bumby commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Mr. Bones! I've got a little Morkie (Yorkie and Maltese). All energy, all the time! Except when he has a meat coma!

This is awesome!!! I try not to feed ours off the table, that’s try...Ha. I seem to slip up once in awhile a drop the raw trimmings from time to time. They get a lot of scrambled eggs and bacon grease mixed in their kibble.

Comment

Ha ha I almost always buy a steak for my mutt when we have steak night, usually a cheap strip, but as mentioned before he has bad food allergies, so he can’t have just anything, he loves me for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mudbeaver View Post
                Ha ha I almost always buy a steak for my mutt when we have steak night, usually a cheap strip, but as mentioned before he has bad food allergies, so he can’t have just anything, he loves me for it lol
                In the End ,when it's all said an done, that's all that really matters, best I can tell...
                Or, mebbe I'm jus mistaken.
                Naaahhh.

Comment

• Mudbeaver
                  Mudbeaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah Mr. Bones he’s one of the boys around here lol, I mean he’s the second biggest person lol of the house, he needs steak!

Licking my chops.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here