Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, new smoker and first time brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, new smoker and first time brisket!

Ok, so got in from Houston last night at midnight and put the Smoke Vault smoker togather. Went today and picked up a brisket at a butcher shop, choice cut. 16.98 lbs for $72.84. Sure hope this goes good and i will try to post pics.

Cool. Good luck.....if you got time, don't wrap on temp, let it ride and darken up. Then wrap once it gets ample bark.

I just picked up a $3.28/lb Select to make Pastrami. Might be a while before we Choice again in this town. Course they weren't that prevalent to begin with.

Comment

What, no pics?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Thread in the working....gettin' older AND crankier.

Ok so started at 8pm, smoked until 1 am and cooked all night at 225 to 230 temp. Crutched at 9am at 160 internal temp and now its 10 am with internal temp of 165. Turned smoker up to 260 temp because id like to let it rest but im serving it at 1 pm. Any thoughts?

Comment

Lunch is going to be late!

Comment

• Gunnation
          Gunnation commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol! What if i crank it up to 275 temp?

You are gonna want to take that bad boy ask the way to 203°F and then rest it in a faux cambro for at least a couple of hours. Make sure the wrap is tight with no leaks (other than the probe hole) or air pockets or it won't do as good a job avoiding the stall according to Dr. Blondet.

Comment

• Gunnation
          Gunnation commented
          Editing a comment
          Well were at 189 now and i think its going to have to be served out of the smoker. Not going to have time to rest it. Guess next time ill start earlier! Total looks like about 16 hrs of cooking.

That could easily be true. I once had a pork shoulder (picnic) go 14+ hours in my gas vertical cabinet.

Comment

Comment

Ok so 15 people said it was great and Dew you are so right lunch was late. I did get to rest it about an hour and when transfering it from pan to cutting board it fell into. I was in such a rush and so nervous i didnt even get pics of the meat lol! But i was a awsome day outside with friends and family and great bbq!

Comment

Sounds like a 16 hour success to me. Congrats!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here