Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unplanned Brisket Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a good case of Murphy’s law is sorta setting in. You are doing just fine. Oh! My friends call me Murph.

Comment

Forget the probes for anything other than a "probe"! When it’s probe tender, it’s ready for a few hours in the faux cambro. Good luck & enjoy! 😋

Comment

Yeah I went in with my thermapen with the crazy wired probe said it was 195, and found most of the flat and point were well over 200, and it went in like butter. Its been cambro since 5pm for a 7pm dinner.

Comment

The brisket was great, we ate about 1/3 of it, and even the flat was very moist and flavorful. And hours later no one was sick, haha.

I forgot to take any cutting board pictures, but think this may have been better than my last brisket where everything went as planned. I pushed over 300 degrees in the foil wrap to finish it on time, and it didn’t seem to suffer. I did note a lot less smoke ring from the kettle using charcoal and wood chunks compared to my offset burning oak.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            Suspect main reason for less smoke ring is the fact that you started with warm meat. Believe that colder meat gives more "smoke ring".

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point. Usually I slap the butts/brisket/ribs on there right out of the fridge, and sometimes the temp of the meat is pretty cold when I insert the meat probe - 30F give or take. This one started at a little over 50F internal temperature.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here