Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef back ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef back ribs

All right fellas, got me two racks of beef back ribs, never made em in my life, should I smoke em, pop em in the ol kettle? Brine? Marinade? Any suggestions would be awesome,

Just made my first back ribs on the 4th.
    I dry brined over night. 3 racks. 3 ribs each. Used different seasonings on each. Smoked in my LSG for 3hrs @ 220-235 the whole time. Than wrapped and back in for 1hr. Cambro’d for 1hr.
    Notice the rub in the middle. It is Henrik new rub. Out of the 3 his was the best tasting.
    Not as good as plate ribs but very good nonetheless. Click image for larger version  Name:	340FD19B-F545-4025-B6EE-371BA077F953.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	528028Click image for larger version  Name:	F19020E0-275F-4F06-98CB-075E0C0C0D03.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.66 MB ID:	528030Click image for larger version  Name:	CC18BD22-8BD5-4407-8A60-A38595D9E832.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	528031Click image for larger version  Name:	008D93FD-4CEE-402F-985F-A3A891E40CC1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	528029

Comment

Smoke them. They are easily one of my favorites on the smoker. See the free side of the site, Clint Cantwell has a great recipe. I was skeptical about the rub the first time I made it, but I'm a believer now!

Comment

• Mudbeaver
        Mudbeaver commented
        Editing a comment
        I see how ya could be skeptical on that ha ha

Originally posted by JCGrill View Post
      Smoke them. They are easily one of my favorites on the smoker. See the free side of the site, Clint Cantwell has a great recipe. I was skeptical about the rub the first time I made it, but I'm a believer now!
      This one https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ef-ribs-recipe ?

Comment

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the one.

I'd smoke em Definitely smoke em.
      Dry brine, rub if ya want, etc.
      First time I'd out, I'd go purty simple, let th beef shine through
      Lotta my beef smokes, I'm jus usin SPGO, sometimes jus S&P.
      (Salt Pepper Garlic Onion)
      Montreal is usually good on most beef, as well...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Mudbeaver Well, if that's yer flavour profile, I'd start right there, brother!
        I use Montreal A Lot, Ol Faithful, ain't never regretted it.
        Here's wishin ya a Great Cook, I know yer gonna LOVE them ribs!
        Ya Got This in th Bag!

• Mudbeaver
        Mudbeaver commented
        Editing a comment
        Just worried it may be too strong, never used it when smoking

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mudbeaver
        Understood. Go lightly, first time then; ya can always add more on yer plate...

So I trim all the fat?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Fat is flavor... suit yourself.

Here's what I did a couple of weeks ago. Worked out very good.

A while back there was a thread wherein folks were grousing about the lack of meat on beef back ribs. I wanted to differ at the time, then forgot about it and lost

Comment

So I trim all the fat?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          Beef ribs are quite possibly better than bacon? Could it be because of a little fat???

I’ll post a pic when I brine em I guess, there’s a lot of fat on em

Comment

Can’t get pic to load, not trimming the fat though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8E4F7556-B14C-4E9A-84DB-D5DF68096440.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	528939

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look awesome! Not too fatty at all! Once cooked, much of the fat will render and you'll have a feast!

Just trim off any silverskin you can see, don't bother with the fat.

Comment

I do a mayonnaise rub followed by a good covering of: salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and onion powder for 24hrs. Smoke at 265 until probe tender. I made some yesterday (sorry forgot pics) and finished them off with a raspberry chipotle bbq sauce I make. The raspberries really cut through the richness of the beef/fat. They were the best I have ever made

Comment

Name:	C0824944-5BB3-4D5A-BCE8-B71212C2E277.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	529027

Comment

Name:	F6E131CF-8EFB-49F8-B374-0E532BFBF3F1.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	529041

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here