Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 4th boneless chuck ribs - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 4th boneless chuck ribs - advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	47A0BC0C-171D-4E5B-956E-49A620BCC98C.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	525724 Never cooked this cut before. I think ive read on here to treat like a chuckie or brisket and low and slow it. I was planning on doing cow crust then in the smoker with hickory.

any tips or tricks with this cut?

thanks as always.

I cook them like a chucky, but it's normally a little faster cook.

Comment

You have a solid plan. Dry brine (1/2tsp coarse Kosher salt/lb meat or 1/4tsp table salt) at least a day in advance. I personally don't know the timing on boneless chuck short ribs, but I'd suspect at minimum 3-5hrs like back ribs (being thinner than true shorties) plus a good 1-2hr faux cambro hold. Take to the 195-200ish IT range for probe tender. You could be looking at 4-8hrs total at 225.

Comment

Will cook up more like brisket or chuck, low and slow to probe tender for the win !!!!

Comment

Awesome. Thank you guys. Thawing just now and will dry brine overnight tomorrow then get them on early wed morning.

Comment

These lool pretty awesome. Love that fat pattern. Click image for larger version

Name:	14AB7B31-DC97-4FC4-B347-402FBA48E270.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	526381

Comment

Here is another question...what do you do when its done? Slice against the grain, shred, just kinda tear into chunks?

Comment

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                I dun know, but I would guess cut perpendicular to those fat lines - kinda across the grain.

Like a chuck roast with bone in I shred and make Sammie’s. If you take it to 203 then it’ll be hard to slice. Sorta like burnt ends. If ya wanna slice then take it to around 190 ish. Personally, I would shred. Treat it like a brisket point.

Comment

Cooked to 195 and sliced. Very very brisket point like. Was def worthy of getting added to the regular list

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3AF3EDE0-428E-4BB2-8502-75076D4DDC46.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	526932

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here