Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado ribeyes: 2-2-2 method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado ribeyes: 2-2-2 method

I remember this because it was the very first thing I cooked on my BGE. Most supermarket steaks are 3/4”, which is a bit thin for reverse sear. Here is a perfect medium rare ribeye on a kamado.

2 ribeyes, 3/4” to 1” thick
    salt & pepper

Get your kamado to 600*. Salt and pepper the ribeyes, and place them directly on the grate at its normal height from the coals. On the BGE that is with the grate on top of the fire ring.

Shut the lid and let them cook for 2 minutes. Open and flip, let them cook for 2 minutes. Then shut both vents and let the steaks dwell for 2 minutes.

BURP THE EGG: open the lid slowly to let the hot gasses escape, and remove two perfectly medium rare steaks. Works every single time.

That is a good method for hamburgers, too.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      If you didn't grind your own, do 3-3, then cheese it and dwell for 2. You'll get a juicy well done.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca Thanks!

I will have to try this on the Primo Jr. I've been doing reverse sear on the PK, but this sounds like a winner.

Comment

That method definitely works for those thinner, store-bought cuts! Which most of us get stuck with.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here