Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bones

Cooked up some beef femur bones on the parrilla. I bought some last week from the butcher and he copied me. This week when I purchased more he raved how good they were. These ones I just used salt n pepper then cooked on the parrilla. Served on a thin cracker with pico de gallo. Some excellent eatin right there.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180630-WA0015.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	524637Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180630-WA0024.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	524638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180630-WA0012.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	524639Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180630-WA0026.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	524641
    Attached Files

Leave it to you to come up with this idea. Maybe someone else has done this, but it is news to me. Looks like something fantastico to try. Thanks "guy with the very big knife".

Comment

I heard somebody call my name...???
      Excellent cook, Ahumadora , makes me wish I was there!

Comment

Thought this thread was about the man, the legend, Mr. Bones.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Nahhh!
          That'd be Way Too Borin!

Really nice! How long did you cook them for?

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          30 -40 mins. I found if you cook them too much all the marrow turns to oil.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

I love big bone marrow like that. Excellent job, even like the cooking method. Reminds me of yesteryear, cooking in a fire place !!!

Comment

I've wanted to do this but I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here