Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Brisket in Scotland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Brisket in Scotland.

Finally got around to mounting my egg into a table, makes it much better having a work area bigger than a postage stamp.

So I had always been told how good Brisket was but every time I tasted one even from so USA friends at work it was dry tough and not nice.

Not put off by that I though it cant be that bad as every BBQ forum raves about them so I got hold of a 4kg Brisket flat and went for it.
    Nothing to adventurous just trimmed it a little, applied a little SPG and some off the shelf BBQ rub.

This was also first try using my new Flame Boss 300, and I must say it worked perfectly.

Indirect for 4 hours at 240f

Wrapped in foil with 1/4 cup beef stock

Back on the heat for 4 hours but i raised the temp a little to 260f

With the internal temp at 205f and the skewer test feeling good it was wrapped up in the towel and rested for an hour.

Once carved and tasted I am now a Brisket convert, juicy, fall apart tender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	520114

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	520115

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	520116

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	520117

Looks a little dry in the pictures but that's just the light, it was juicy.

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	520118

Looks very good!

Comment

Looks fantastic nice job sir!!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Great looking cook!

Comment

Love Scotland too btw, my wife's family is from Glasgow. They're there right now actually, said the sunset was at 11:17 PM yesterday, longest day of the year!

Comment

Yea great job!! Just one comment, on a brisket that large I would rest it a minimum of 2 hours or more. The rest period allows the meat to relax, finish a slowed internal cooking the result of which adds to tenderness. Probably one of the most overlooked steps in cooking large pieces of meat!

Good luck with future cooks and have a single malt one me !!!!

Comment

You again. First a beautiful tomahawk steak now this. You my friend are a great cook.
                Very nicely done 👍
                And that’s a really nice table for your egg.

Comment

Sometimes if you want something done right, you just gotta' do it yourself! Nice one!

Comment

Very nicely done. And couldn't help but notice that gorgeous fork... custom piece?

Comment

Originally posted by BourBonQ View Post
                      Very nicely done. And couldn't help but notice that gorgeous fork... custom piece?
                      The fork is part of a set of knives made by Flint and Flame so not custom no.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here