Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Roast round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Roast round 3

I haven't had success with Chuck roast to this point . The first one was undercooked and tuff, the second overcooked and dry. For the third one but of to great start. I forgot to brine yesterday and set my alarm to get up early . Got a late start and brined this morning, trying cooking around 260 to have it done in time for dinner. We'll see how it turns out . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_081054948.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	516964

Best of Luck, Hope ya nail her this round!

Third time's th Charm, so I been told!

Comment

One thing I figured out with chuck .... once you get to 175’ish, wrap it in foil and finish it in foil. Then let it rest in the oven or a faux cambro, if you have enough time, for an hour. If you are going to pull the chuck, save all the juices in the foil to add back to it. If you are going to slice it like a roast, use those juices right at the end to prep for serving.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what ecowper said. Wrap @ 175*. I try to cambro for at least 2hrs if at all possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_175429210.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	517315Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_175825611.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	517316 We'll 3rd time was a charm. Came out good. I wrap it once it got over 170. It took about 7 hours at 265 and then 2.5 hours in cambro.

Comment

BloomHybrid that looks damn good!

Comment

I smoke them in a disposable pan now to retain the juices. When done I put it in cambro and put the juices in the fridge so the fat separates. Then I discard the fat, chop the chuck, and add the juices back in.

Comment

Get you a circulator and QVQ it, you will never go back....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here