Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Brisket Results

Alright... I had my issues, as some of you may already know. But, despite those set backs, I think this was a decent success.

Dry brined for 24hrs.
    Rubbed with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cracked Black Pepper and a tiny bit of sugar.

Final result is some sliced flat with burnt ends.
    Attached Files

The pics are out of order... Sorry about that

Comment

• Scout789
      Scout789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those "setbacks" you mention are the learning opportunities. We are almost always our own worst critics! I'll point out to my wife something I cooked that I thought wasn't quite up to snuff. She usually responds with "I thought it was great." and she means it. Friends and company are even more forgiving. You will get better with practice, but there will be hiccups along the way.

Looks better than my first attempt! I see some juicy slices, nicely done!

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Nicely done.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you 😊

Ya done good! The really nice thing is you overcoming the bit of adversity. Now, you think it was a success? What did yer taste buddies tell you. We wanna know.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was pretty darn good. The flat dried out a but but once I got to the middle and into the point, the juices were flowing and it was tender. Bark didn't hold up though. The next one will be better with everything I have learned. 😊

Nice job, amigo!
    Looks tender, n juicy!

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Certain parts of it were! The flat dried out a little but the middle and point were tender and flowing with juice.

It looks good. Congrats on the first one. It gets easier from now on.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the kind words 😊

Nice

Comment

Looks good from here! Nice job!

Comment

How long was the cook?

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          About 11 hours... But that isn't an accurate measurement as I ran into pit problems part way through.

First brisket? Crap man, I’ve been cooking brisket for 2 decades and I’ve had briskets in the last two years not come out as good as that looks. Dang good job.

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate the kind words. Can't wait to try it again!

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          nothing better than great brisket .... except great beef ribs

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am having a hard time finding good looking beef ribs. Most places here have beef back ribs and they don't have much meat on them.

Good job, cooking a brisket is it’s own right of passage !!

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! 😁
          Cannit wait to try again

Looking great! I have my first brisket sitting in my fridge right now. Any tips for the uninitiated? Did you inject or just dry brine?

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          I dry brined and injected it. Only advice I would give you is, if you want great bark, don't crutch. It may take longer but it will be worth it. My bark was ruined by the wrapping.

• Scout789
          Scout789 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dry brine it for 24 hours, apply rub of your choice, cook at 225-250 F until internal temp hits 195 to 200 F. Stay patient through the stall! Enjoy!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here