Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carne Asada night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carne Asada night!

Title says it all! Click image for larger version

Name:	1A104EBE-DA67-4E78-A356-44D71BDAF2F4.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	512665

Looks AWESOME.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Yeah buddy. I'd eat that.

Comment

Looks good enough to eat

Comment

Nice SG. I did the same thing tonight. Marinaded skirts. They are soooooo good.
            Sorry no cook pics. Click image for larger version

Name:	821204CF-3AEC-4E4E-9889-47B7FCB9A69E.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	512713

Comment

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              What is the marinade?

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              SmokeyGator Good question. I picked these up from my butcher. He won’t tell me everything that’s in their marinade. I know there’s soy sauce,ginger,garlic,scallions. I think there may also be cinnamon but not sure.
              I do know that it’s really good. 😋

Looking good, SmokeyGator . Makes me want to run right out and get some skirt steak.

Kathryn

Comment

Something about live fire and cast iron... every little things gon' be alright...

Comment

Let's have some details; marinade, how the meat was cooked, the tacos they ended up on (if they did). Looking for details !!!

Comment

Very simple. The marinade is olive oil, a lot of garlic, Italian parsley, fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper. This was actually flank steak, the supermarket wanted way too much for strip (which I prefer, but whatever).

I used what was left of the hickory chips for my old electric smoker, and didn’t worry about the thick white smoke thing because cooking time isn’t long. As soon as they were on fire heating that skillet up the steaks go on, then the lid goes down. Then lift and flip until they look done. No need to fiddle with thermometers, once the sear is looking good it’s done.

Not pictured: sweet and green plantains.

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                  Let's have some details; marinade, how the meat was cooked, the tacos they ended up on (if they did). Looking for details !!!

Comment

Yesss!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here