Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, tri tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nicely done! Now, sous vide the next one.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That looks good enough!

I don't remember who suggested it here, but someone once said to treat it like a brisket or short ribs and cook til probe tender at 190F - 200F. I always cook it rare to medium rare, but choice tri tips are on sale at my local store so I might try it.

Comment

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            I have cooked Tri Tip like a Brisket before. IMO TT is good any way your Family and Friends like it.

• OSB
            OSB commented
            Editing a comment
            Tri Tip is a more versatile cut than most think and good both ways. With that said I still prefer treating it like a steak and cooking to 130 IT.

Looks Perfect To Me!

Comment

Wow, that looks really good!

Comment

Great looking plate! Please pass it over!!

Comment

And I’d like to point out that leftovers make INSANE cold roast beef sandwiches. Slice what’s left very thin, toss it in a bag with the rest of the sauce. Then Kaiser roll, Swiss cheese, tomato and mayo... or, brown mustard... or, I dunno, anything that you think goes good with roast beef!

Comment

That looks awesome, Mosca ... gotta love tri-tip ...

Comment

The meal that keeps giving.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A0515E47-82C2-447C-B511-4789A2EC1EE8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	511718
                    Last edited by Mosca; June 5, 2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here