Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big beef flavor steak question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big beef flavor steak question

Looking for a cut of beef to cook tonight on the Weber. Looking for something reasonably priced to cook hot and fast with big beef flavor. I could care less how tender it is as long as it has a big beef flavor.

Thanks

My advice would be flank, sirloin (either top, or "flap meat/flap steak") skirt, or hanger. I'd avoid anything 'round' personally, while it can be cooked properly and pretty good eating it's not that bold in my personal opinion/experience. "Chuck eye" steaks are good too, they're like little ribeyes, literally.

Comment

• wustl-duck
      wustl-duck commented
      Editing a comment
      I second Huskee with emphasis on sirloin and chuck steaks. Love flank but only with a good soak in marinade. No easier grill session than flank.

Might look for "sirloin tips" / "flap steak" - name depends on where you live. Best marinated for a few hours, and cut thin and across the grain. Decoded, that means they can be a bit tough.

The sirloin tip steak is a lean horseshoe shaped cut that is economical, can be used to make cutlets(fast fry), stir-fry, kabobs, stew and cube steak

Comment

I would go to stausburg meats in Canton see what he has fresh or get a tri tip from him

Comment

Flank, flatiron, or chuckeye. All three reasonably priced, all three SUPER BEEFY.

Comment

London Broil or tri tip.

Comment

Add sirloin cap (aka. culotte or picanha) to the mix! Very beefy!

Comment

Ain't much left in the category, take your choice !!!!

Comment

Tri-tip or Flank steak gets my vote! Bring that beautiful beef flavor!

Comment

Flat iron is good too. Id go with flank for best bold beef flavor, but they typically run simular in price to ribeyes around my area.

Comment

Another tri tip vote if you can't get one a chuckie smoked until you can pull it for sammies delivers the big beef flavor in spades!

Comment

Flat iron steaks have won us over. IMO so much more flavor than either an inside or outside skirt steak and very tender. Cook hot and fast with a board sauce...yum!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here