Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-3 Degrees Brisket On the Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-3 Degrees Brisket On the Way

Using my version of Big Bad Beef Rub

Temp spiking at 293...

Click image for larger version

Name:	truckin 2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	50911

Right on!

Comment

Great job and project for a chilly Saturday morning...can't wait to see pics of the final product! I'd also like to know how the temp probe electronics hold up with prolonged exposure to the cold weather..the kind I'm also having here in Indiana.

Ray

Comment

Maverick ok. I grill sucks.

Comment

• Ray
          Ray commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad the Mavs work well; I tested mine (ET-733) tonight while grilling steaks. The weather was fairly cold but also lots of rain. Actually. a pretty miserable night but the teaks turned out great! Got one cooked to medium and two others to medium rare. really nice to have two probes and a remote to keep me out of the weather.

Okay..Final product...Tasted awesome and was tender. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8301.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	51146 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8302.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	51147 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8298.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	51148 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8303.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	51149 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8304.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	51150

Comment

Pics could have been a little more artful but hunger and wine were involved.

Comment

WTG Man WTG!

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Excellent cook

Comment

Sure looks juicy. Here's to not letting cold stop us!...

Comment

Looks great! BTW - what rub did you use?

I got a 11 lb brisket wet aging that I am planing on doing next weekend -- right now leaning toward Tatonka Dust - the BBBR was way too black peppery for me.

Comment

Funny you mention. I used BBBR with less pepper but I added some Italian seasoning. Was really awesome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here