Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use in a burnt end rub/sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use in a burnt end rub/sauce?

So for Memorial Day I am trying something new; I want to make burnt ends. Anyone have any tried and tested runs/sauce combos? I’m usually a Dalmatian rub guy when it comes to sliced brisket, but burnt ends are a different beast, and I long to recreate the mouth joy I had when I was in Kansas City last summer. One thing to note is I hate ketchup and ketchup based BBQ sauces.

Anyone have recommendations?

Might give Blues Hog Tennessee Red a try...

Comment

We get more limited selection in Canada, but Bullseye is pretty good of they have it where you are. You might find what you think of as a ketchup based sauce will be different on burnt ends, as you are carmelizing the sugars, which may be the part you do not like. Cut the sauce with some vinegar if it seems too sweet.

Comment

I’d follow Malcom for the first time trying https://youtu.be/FVOh8430oCs

Comment

• Epicnemesis
          Epicnemesis commented
          Editing a comment
          Great walkthrough thanks!

I'm also doing burnt ends for the first time this weekend. Doing a flat today and burnt ends tomorrow.

Comment

Haha burnt ends did not end well. I think because I used Sous Vide the best was too moist. I ended up with brisket and broth.

The french dip I made with the flat however was magical.

Comment

I did chuckie burnt ends a few weeks ago, and Sweet and Spicy Sweet Baby Ray's worked great with them.

Comment

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              I did chuckie burnt ends on Monday. I used Cookies Sweet Hickory, with some extra brown sugar. First time, it was also my wife's birthday, so I gave her the choice of whether she wanted me to just grill some ribeye, which I knew would come out good, or let me experiment. She went with the experiment, and it turned out good. Also put some scallops in the smoker for the last half hour.

• VideoWolf88
              VideoWolf88 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a great experiment!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here