Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Packer Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EdF You're right! I will definitely need to keep practicing. At least one of my neighbors said it was the best brisket they ever had. But it certainly wouldn't cut the mustard around here. This was also as much of a practice session for me learning my cooker too. Being a Perfectionist, I wanted the cook to be perfect but that's too much to expect given how much finesse this takes.

The point was nice and juicy, which doesn't come through in that last pic.

Oh, I found somebody else who definitely was keen on brisket today.... (man my patio looks like crap!) Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5690.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	506277

Comment

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Christ what sort of snake is that!

MeatMonster I think (hope!) it's a black rat snake. They're actually good snakes because they eat rodents (hence the name). I'd guess he's about a 6-footer. This picture is from my back door, and I was not exactly expecting to find him when I walked out. Once I cleaned out my underwear out, we relocated him to the edge of the lot where I hope he finds lots of mice and rodents to eat before they get to my house.

Comment

That was a great smoke ring! Make chopped beef out of the flat (with a little bbq sauce) thats what i do when i over do the flat ( which is easy to do) tastes great to me lol practice is fun when you get to have BBQ as the end result!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here