Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mothers day cook: SRF american wagyu brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers day cook: SRF american wagyu brisket

First time cooking one of these from SRF. Not gonna lie, im super excited. The plan is to dry brine until tomorrow night then rub with a variation of meatheads big bad beef. Then get it in the smoke vault around 225-250. I will wrap it when it stalls in butcher paper. My goal is to be done a few hours early for a late lunch and it can sit in the cooler for a while.
    Attached Files

Came pretty well trimmed already. Fat cap down to about 1/4 inch, maybe a tad less. Looks amazing.
    Attached Files

Comment

You had me at Wag...!

Comment

I will be watching to see the goodness that comes out of that fine lookin' brisky! I have a SRF Wagyu in the freezer too just over 12lbs. waiting for a good time to cook it. The way that thing looks I wouldn't touch it with a knife. Season and on the smoker!

Comment

I’ve smoked one of these in the past and it went much quicker than I expected. But I cambro held for the time needed as well as in my smoker at a holding temp.

It was fricken amazing so you are going to love it! Was THE BEST brisket I’ve ever had. 😁

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly how quick is much quicker than expected?

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I experienced the same. Was done a full 2 hours before the prime or CAB I am used to! grantgallagher

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            @grantgsllagher sorry I haven’t been on the site since replying but I remember being up at 3am wrapping and setting up my faux cambro. I think we were eating at noon and I expected it to go to 8-10am. I held in the faux while my smoker cooled down, then set it for 140* to hold after. It only took 10.5 hours at 225* and was a 15lb brisket. So I expected much longer.

Enjoy yours!

Originally posted by MeatMonster View Post
          You had me at Wag...!
          yeah, what he proclaimed.....

I wouldn't even wrap, let that dude get to probe tender...

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. Ive done 2 briskets before. Wrapped one and not the other. The one i wrapped i was much more juicy. Likely to be a fluke?

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I disagree. Prime and wag wrap in butcher paper, CAB and choice use foil. To each their own.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            considering im pretty sure im gonna run outta propane im gonna wrap it when it hits the oven. its been stalled at 153 for damn close to 2 hours.

Ugh, its raining hard here in jersey all weekend. One more variable to deal with.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, so much for the spring cleaning yardwork that needs to be done. ;-)

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Just means you don't have to worry as much about your pit humidity.

She’s about to head in
          Attached Files

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd hit dat!

Rookie move. I am 100% gonna run out of propane before the night is out

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Lots of gas stations have propane. If not, after the crutch finish in the oven at 225. Its not gonna take on any more smoke.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            not in jersey they dont. plus its 2:15 and no gas stations open.

You hanging in there brother. I added a bunch of comments above. I up pondering the air portion of my "Land, Sea, Air, & Earth" dish for my wife, so I am right there with you.

Comment

Pulled and wrapped in butcher paper 6 1/2 hours in. Cut a piece off...damn good already, lol
            Attached Files

Comment

Did SRF brisket last weekend. It was as good as they say. Started sat night and dome in the am. Pit held perfect temp. Used BBQ Guru, ICloud. Set to send alert if pit temp varied by more than 15 degrees, no alarms. Meat was juicy and tender. I'm waiting for them to go on sale again. I think I bought it in a 2 fr 1 sale

Comment

11 hours in holding at 180...still havent run out of propane.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The BBQ gods and godesses are with you on this one, sounds like. I bet it's going to be a fantastic brisket.

Haven't done waygu, but prime briskets I've done have been probe tender at 190°-195°.

Kathryn

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for that, im gonna start checking a little earlier than i did on the past 2 ive done.

fzxdoc you were spot on. Pulled it as soon as i checked. Thermapen went in like it was butter. Into the faux cambro it goes...with protection
                Attached Files

Comment

• SmokeyGator
                  SmokeyGator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't trust the security guard

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Who Watches the Watchdog"?

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's like having me watch the whisky stash!!!

Looks like your pup is wishing for opposable thumbs to be able to get into that faux cambro himself.

Glad to hear you pulled that brisket at just the right time.

Enjoy.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here