Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 13th Ann’y Filets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 13th Ann’y Filets

SWMBO surprised me... in the box with my new 26” Easy Spin grate was also the custom grill grates! Perfect timing, as I had picked up a pack of Angus Choice filets from Sams yesterday when I grabbed those beef ribs I droned on about in another thread. Dry brined them at noon, a little oil and pepper, and had them over indirect heat at 4:30pm for ~15 min til they hit 120F. Moved them over to the seasoned and preheated awesomeness that are those grill grates. Let it go ~3 min on each side. Pulled off at 137F and they were PERFECT! She made us hassleback potatoes and a Caesar salad. This was definitely "lucky 13" for us! 👍🏻🥩
    Attached Files

WOW my kind of meal. Look at those steaks and I love hasslebacks, you hit my sweet spot for sure.

Try using the flat side of those grates for a more even sear!!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaaaah, wish I’d have done that... Gotta try again I guess!! 😂 Thanks for the tip, Troutman !

Congratulations you newlyweds! They say the first fifty years of marriage are the hardest, so we're looking forward to it getting easier in another twelve years.

Comment

That's a great lookin' cook.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Great looking meal and happy anniversary!

Comment

Thanks guys. For me, one of the coolest things is that I wanted to get us reservations at this amazing steak house in Raleigh called The Angus Barn. Been there several times, we love it. But she said "Honestly... I’d rather have your steaks off the grill if you don’t mind cooking." $25 for 4 filets vs. $45 for one a la carte - FishtalesNC for the win! 😂

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! My wife would never say such a thing!!

• FishTalesNC
              FishTalesNC commented
              Editing a comment
              I find that hard to believe HouseHomey, I’ve watched your food cross my screen enough to know I’d kill for a bite! 👍🏻

Those look more like railroad tracks then grill marks! Nice!

Comment

My 9 year old spent like 2.5 hours making this (with a little assist) for us today. Such a sweet kid. Banana cake with chocolate chips and homemade peanut butter buttercream frosting. Soooo yummy!
              Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure her culinary school is ACF certified. Good luck!

Welcome to the Pit Lil' FishTales! Great job on the cake and anniversary gift!

Comment

Those look awesome.

Comment

Enjoy a great dinner and great anniversary!

Comment

Very nice, and happy anniversary! Now tell me what a hassleback potato is and how to do it =P

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here