Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Attempt at Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Attempt at Prime Rib

My BIL scored an eight pound prime rib so we marinated and rubbed it down, then let it soak all day. When i got off work we threw it on the drum, at 250, and let her ride until she hit 130 IT. Then put her on the OTG for a sear. Turned out great, especially for a first attempt. Next time, I will try to roll it up tighter. It was a behemoth and I finally gave up trying to tie it and just used skewers.

You sure that this was your first Prime Rib attempt???
    PB will give you a medal.

Comment

No more rolling needed, in my opinion. You did a fantastic job! The color is perfect, and the sear is excellent. We sometimes get HUGE (16 pounds plus) primes at work. Doesn't change anything, really. Anyway, very nice cook, this old line dog says.

Comment

That looks amazing! Nice one SwampD

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Awesome....I had to cook my first well-done. Was for a lady at church. Took forever!!!!

Comment

Wow, you killed it!! Great Photos. Did you make the Drum smoker?

Comment

That looks great, way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                    Wow, you killed it!! Great Photos. Did you make the Drum smoker?
                    Thanks for all the compliments! Yes, I made the drum. I've had it for close to three years. It's a great cooker on its own, and it's deadly with the Guru on it.

Comment

Yes, that is an awesome prime rib roast! Great bark, and it looks sooo moist! I always tie mine up, but using skewers was inventive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here