Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Chuck Roast Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Chuck Roast Question

What is the shortest reasonable hold in the faux Cambro? This Chuckie is taking forever and we were planning on eating some of it for dinner tonight.

Do what you have to do. As long as it is tender, you are good to go. However a stint in a faux cambro of at least an hour may make it even better.

Comment

I have bailed early on a few and just sliced instead of pulling as I was running out of time. Both are great.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        What temp for slicing?

great question, lol. im hitting what i think is a second stall. been sitting at 162. i cranked up the heat and we will see how it goes.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. I wrapped and turned the heat up to 250° and it's climbing again, but I'm not optimistic.

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        im going up to 280ish

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Boom!! Hold 280° I'll see you for dinner!

Meathead says 180° for slicing. I think that's where I'm headed today.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        David, crank her up to 280° and hold it. If dinner is at six even 300 will work it's wrapped right? Hold it for and hour and chow. You'll get the next one dialed in.

• jgreen
        jgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I fine anywhere between 180 to 190 is good to slice. Lower if you are rushed.

grantgallagher and David. Yesterday I was messing around in the pit started my kettle with he SnS and forgot to close my vents. By the time I noticed I was short of 300° and my massive chuck o hickory was burning hot. I closed her down and held 275/280° and was burning super clean so I left it alone.

I put the chucks and pork on at 740am and pulled my chuckies/pork at 205° and butter soft at 12:10. I wrapped the chicks at 165° with a Tri tip purge I had holding, about 12oz each chuck.

They held in my warming oven @200° until 5:30 pm or so and were outstanding. Don't be afraid to get yourself out of a jam to save your sanity and be there for your guests. Good meat like that will hold and forgive you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here