Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEEF - It's What's For Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEEF - It's What's For Dinner

So we had some family come in from Austin over this weekend and they requested barbecue beef (whatever that means) so I pull out this 5 pound prime rib that's getting close to needing to be cooked. I had cut the ribs off the roast and planned on cooking them separate. I looked at how small they were so grabbed a pack of beef back ribs to go along with. So you want beef, well here you go.

Beef taking on it's salt Friday night.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	prime 01.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	491491

....went Texas style on the ribs, black pepper with a dash of granulated garlic, roasted to probe tender with 100% mesquite .....

Name:	prime 02.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	491492

Name:	prime 03.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	491494

....the prime time guy I wanted to do old school on my rotisserie to medium rare. Seasoning was Mrs. O's Cow Crust.....

Name:	prime 04.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	491495

...everyone raved about the prime rib. Came out cooked about right for most folks here.....

Name:	prime 05.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	491493

...here's that beef plated with some rosemary/garlic mashed and some sous vide carrots in herb butter.....

Name:	prime 06.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	491497

.....oh yea and for the real money shot and for the WIN ...... got me some groceries for tomorrow !!!!

Name:	prime 07.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	491496

COOKIN' BEEF AND SIPPIN' ON BLANTONS ..... TROUTMAN STEVE'S OUTTA HERE !!!

duuuuuude. that prime rib...

Comment

That all looks Absolutely Fabulous, Brother!

Comment

Looks great, how did I miss my invitation. BTW, what do they mean in Texas by "prime rib that's getting close to needing to be cooked", as if there is a time it doesn't need to be cooked. Around here it is as soon as it comes off the beast......

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Been in the freezer since Christmas when they had a sale on the stuff, so it was due to be cooked. But yea I hear ya, meat (like money) burns a hole in your pocket !!!!

That. Looks. Super!

Comment

I don't think I like pork anymore, looks fabulous !!!

Comment

You sir are a winner!

BTW I just checked my freezer, all I got is chicken, ground sirloin and ice (ok mini Corndogs and uncrstables too) but I did find some tamales.

i ain't got no rib roast laying around. You and Broussard are living high on the steer over in Texas!

More power to you. Cook'em if you got'em.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Meat is my drug, never met a hunk I didn’t like

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey Do you Sous Vide the Uncrustables? Or just throw them in the kids lunch’s and hope they thaw in time?🤔

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Pirate Scott HouseHomey actually, a wet batter and deep fried in tallow makes the uncrustables irresistables....Elvis had it right. Deep fried peanutbutter!

Dang, all I got for dinner tonight is Troutman's country chicken

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotta like that !!

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been looking forward to it ever since you posted your recipe. Just pulled the chicken off of the Traeger when it hit 115 and will start in a couple of hours. I'll keep you updated.

Fabulous!

Comment

Meat coma. That prime rib looks great.

Comment

Bite of one, then the other, over & over again!!! Both ribs & roast look awesome!!!

Comment

Nice Cook!

Comment

While I like prime rib, ill take dem dere beef backies over the prime rib any day! Should have probably sent me some to quality test before feedin it to the family folk.

Comment

Gorgeous TM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here