Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckie/Pulled beef Question/Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckie/Pulled beef Question/Suggestions

Cooking my forst ever chuckie tomorrow. I'm looking for suggestions on how to serve it. With pulled pork, I usually sauce it with a "Lexington-style" thin sauce/dip and put it on hamburger buns as sammies. I have no clue about pulled beef. Is there a sauce you recommend or just naked?

I normally go naked, but grilled onions work very well on pulled beef.

Comment

<¢2>There's prolly a million good answers to this question...
      Were it me, I'd serve it naked, with a few sauces on th side.
      Let yer Chuckie's flavour shine through, sez I.</¢2>

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
        I normally go naked, but grilled onions work very well on pulled beef.
        BINGO! In a tortilla.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I just had that with blues hog BBQ sauce.

Great answers. Please keep them coming, and thanks.

Comment

I like pulling them and making cheesesteaks. Yummm.

Comment

Smoke to a internal of 170 or so. Then put it in a pan on top of raw onions and bell peppers. Pour a half bottle or more of dark beer in bottom of pan as well.Return to smoker uncovered and continue to smoke until you hit 205 to 210 and it starts to fork apart. Pile it high with on a kaiser or onion bun and maybe a slice of sharp cheddar. Enjoy one of the best sammies known to man!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0214.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	491192

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0281.jpg Views:	2 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	491190

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I like where you’re going with this. 👍

Onions, peppers and Cheddar sounds great. Like s riff on a cheesesteak.

Comment

Dewesq55 I would have horseradish sauce on the side with almost any beef. Good luck. Sounds wonderful.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent suggestion!

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice Skip. Didn’t think of that. Awesome condiment.

Fresh Prepared Horseradish was th onliest condiment available fer roasts, as a kid.
              Then, now, still eat it by th tablespoon full!Y)
              Great suggestion, Brother!

Comment

Put it on a Hoagie bun with sauté onions and green peppers and your favorite cheese. You won’t be sorry.

Comment

• Fire Art
                  Fire Art commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can eat red peppers but I don’t like green peppers and they tear me up

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually we get the green, red and the yellow bell peppers. It’s pretty with the colors.

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also do that when making cheesesteak, DWCowles

Here's how I did mine tonight. Hand crafted slaw (you like that, sounded good) spot of mustard on the bottom bun, and easy BBQ sauce (blues hog original) and it was amazing. I do less of a shred than most. I like chunkage, it's not a worry as it's so tender.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2402.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	491286

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks amazing!

That looks fantastic HouseHomey never thought of slaw on beef but why not?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here