Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much Ado About Something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much Ado About Something

Thanks to Sfdrew28 et al, the Hamilton family is going to see what all of the fuss is about concerning this hunk o' beef. Must now ponder a la Troutman or a la Henrik
    hmmmm..... Side note: I ordered this yesterday from our local butcher and he called this morning telling me he didn't have time to remove the fat cap so he was selling it to me at cost. Dodged a bullet AND scored! Click image for larger version

Name:	Picanha.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	486519

Epic win! Either way should be fine. I like the look of Troutman's picanha, it has proper bark. Hmm, perhaps I'm gonna have to reconsider my method. But that's one of the many things I like about cooking, there's never only ONE method of doing things. Perhaps a low 'n slow start, then a real good sear? Either way, keep us posted!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my thought as well. Right now it's vac-bagged and in the fridge for a week. I considered SV, but the cap probably wouldn't like that treatment, so reverse sear it is.

That's a nice one!! Treat her right and she'll .... will taste great !!! (fat is awesome)

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      The trimmed fat you see was from the bottom and a little off of the sides. I want to try and cook top and bottom as separately as I can.

I'm waiting to see how it comes out and your thoughts. After my first cook I still prefer my ribeyes .

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll let you know next week.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here