Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Fat Cap of Brisket: A Sin Committed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Fat Cap of Brisket: A Sin Committed

Maybe a new method:

I trimmed many cuts of meat including Beef Brisket and others for sure:

Instructions:

Pull on the nearest tag of meat fat and then trim at the interface of the where the meat is bound.

A test pork and beef unit is now on 180° for an hour, an then 225° for the last time. I'll post better if it actually is? Well, we will see a diverse results.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Don't leave us in suspense. What happened?

Comment

More pics needed. No pics...didn’t happen.

Comment

I'm confused. Which is not unusual, but is he saying it's a sin to trim a brisket? What's the "new method"? I think I need another beer and try again later.

Comment

Somebody removed the whole brisket. Where's the beef???

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Been away and VERY busy; FYI my username is chromesquirrel for a reason: easily distracted! "Look! A Squirrel! OMG! A shiny squirrel!”
                Whew! Now I have some much-deserved free time.
                As far as a smoke ring is concerned, it was really deep in some parts and then not so deep in other parts. From looking around at others smoke rings on this forum: the smoke ring can indeed go quite deeper in many instances. Dang! Thought I was onto a smoke ring super secret. 😊 However, I will try to compare shaving/cutting the fat versus snipping away at the fat-to-muscle interface once I get a reliable source of local brisket.
                Results: Very tender and tasty! I’ll be sure to take some pictures in the future and maybe some video too; if video, just a short snippet of the technique I used and the crevasses of the meat fibers that I saw. I hope I can reply regularly some time soon! Don't mean to put you enthusiasts on the back burner.

Comment

Ok, we got the ChromeSquirrel but what about the tur key thing? LoL! Welcome to the PIT!

Comment

• ChromeSquirrel
                    ChromeSquirrel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just a stupid pic on the internet from a few years ago. Thought it was stupid so I selected it as it was somewhat food related. I love absurd surreal humor....to a threshold anyway.

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You'll fit right in here. We have all types and all are welcome!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here