Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another sous vide rib roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another sous vide rib roast

Got a 7lb'er I trimmed up last night and sprinkled with salt. I took a good amount of fat and silverskin off the top, I wanted to expose the meat to the salt as much as possible.

I didn't tie it up, I forgot.

Threw it in the smoker today for about an hour and 45 mins, at 200°F, just to get some smokiness on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180415_122812-XL.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	483752

Name:	20180415_122828-XL.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	483753

So now, it's into the water bath. 132°F for around 5 hours or so, then I'll sear it with the flamethrower before serving. Here it is all bagged up.

Name:	20180415_123310-XL.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	483754

I'll try to post up some more later....

Let us know. I'm still tuning the timing on these.

Comment

Looking good brother. Let’s see some flame thrower pics if possible. That would be awesome.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure! I love using the flamethrower to sear, it's a blast! I'll see if I can get The Wife to run the camera.

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Flamethrower (Red Dragon) also works great to roast peppers.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        That it does! I did some poblanos like that the other day. Talk about done in SECONDS!

Ok, finished product. I will upload some video today of the carving and the searing!

<edit> Whoops! Forgot the pics! lol

After carving:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_183814-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	176.8 KB ID:	484187

On the table with some deviled eggs (yum! I LOVE LOVE LOVE deviled eggs!!!) :

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_183832-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	234.0 KB ID:	484188

Pic of the pair I seared in the cast iron for The Wife and The Boy (insert eyeroll here, lol) :

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_183840-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.9 KB ID:	484189

And my personal plate :

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_184854-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	220.2 KB ID:	484190

I know that corn dish may look kinda strange to some of you, so let me explain. We have a local place here called Shortie's Grill, and they do a side dish they call eloté, although the true Mexican version is usually served on the cob. We made our own take on it last night and it was amazing! You should definitely try it. We just used canned corn, some mayo, cotija cheese and Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning. ZOMG... it was awesome!

Anyways, hope you liked!
      Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; April 16, 2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Nice meal...beautiful

Comment

Yum

Comment

that looks amazing! i want every part of that meal.

Comment

Ok, sorry so late - video time:

Comment

And the sear:

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here