Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is how you smoke chuck in the rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Great cook! Way to fight the weather. Nice outdoor space, it is a cool set up.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Never had sliced chuck roast always pulled and it’s the best.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Apparently, the local joke about Moulton's proximity to Huntsville is you can go from rocket scientist to hillbilly in 30 minutes.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Well, the final wrap to this story is that the chuck I pulled at 180 or so and sliced (it was dinner time and we were hungry) was ok, but a little tough. The one I pulled and shredded 2 hours later was SOOOO much better and more tender that I pulled what was left of the first chuck out of the fridge, and popped it in the oven at 250 with the Dot to alarm at 205, and shredded it up at bedtime. Tonight's dinner is BBQ beef.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I've been to and through Moulton for one thing or another over the years, but never to buy lumber.

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Nice looking cook! I'm staring down the barrel of 6" of snow today. Made flat iron steaks in the cast iron last night in the house. Just getting ready to make breakfast indoors instead of on my flat top in the garage. Garage is about 30 yards from the house and carrying food back and forth in 30mph winds and snow falling is not on my to do list today.
    Weather can cramp the cooking style I feel your pain jfmorris

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Pity it wasn't raining hog's and heifer's. Great looking cook.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve found around the 190 Mark is my sweet spot.

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris you’ll like the peppers and onions. I made a big bed out of them and added beef consommé soup to it and covered. Wow came out with a great flavor but very little bark.

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Looks like a pretty good cook! You have a nice set-up and I'm looking forward to doing my own this summer. BTW, my BIL owns the sawmill in Moulton if you're familiar with it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Pans.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Well, here is what I pulled off and sliced around 181 for dinner. Not as tender as I would hope. The larger of the two is still on its way to 205.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7943.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	483352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7945.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	483353

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, guess I could have gotten a larger pan and combined. I just didn't even think of that.

Agreed on gutters being a pain in the butt!

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I like it when it's less wet!

• FishTalesNC
    replied
    Beautiful place ya have there!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here