Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picaña, plain and simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picaña, plain and simple

I have the Friday evening to myself, so I just wanted to do a nice simple cook for myself, with quality meat. I picked Canadian Picaña, Heritage Angus. Very good quality. I decided no smoke today, just grill it on indirect heat, 240° F for 55 minutes, then a quick sear. Give it a good rest, and slice. The picaña was served with a creamy mash and bearnaise sauce. All in all a great meal with me and my dog.

Here's the meat, fat side up

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picanha_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	472.6 KB ID:	482587

And upside down

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picanha_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	512.9 KB ID:	482586

I grilled it on indirect heat on my BGE. I ran it at 240° F, so it took just a little under an hour to hit 130° F internal temp. I took it aside and stoked the fire to sear it. I only sear the bottom, as I'm wary of grease fires. Don't want that bitter taste of burnt fat ruining my steak. Target temp was 136° F (58° C). I nailed it.

Here's my custom welded grates to get REAL close to the fire.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picanha_3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	326.2 KB ID:	482585

Dinner is ready (after 30 minutes faux cambro). Crazy juicy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picanha_4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	520.0 KB ID:	482588

The only spice that got near this hunk o' meat was 2 tsp of salt for dry brining. Nothing else.

Have a great weekend folks!

Looks great!

Comment

Beauty. Could almost smell it from here.

Comment

Beautiful indeed. I like that custom grate.

Comment

Outstanding!!!!!! Gotta go and wipe off my laptop now.

Comment

I've become an ardent fan, it's in my top 3 cuts of beef to cook for both flavor and tenderness....nice job on yours Henrik

Comment

I’m with Troutman here, the picanha is definitely on my top 5 list. Real good meat.

Comment

Hint of black pepper would have brought it over the top, but hey if Huskee is almost smelling it already......

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here