Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thawed Crowd Cow Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thawed Crowd Cow Problems

I read in another post that some members had received meat from Crowd Cow that arrived thawed and unusable. I was very concerned since I was anxiously awaiting the delivery of Gypsum Valley Wagyu from Crowd Cow. They arrived yesterday and I just wanted to share my experience. The pictured beef arrived solidly frozen and when i tapped them on the counter, they were so hard they sounded like glass. I'm just guessing but, I would imagine that these suppliers drop ship their meat directly to Crowd Cow customers and, that Crowd Cow themselves, never even sees or touches the meat prior to shipping. If so, Crowd Cow might be unaware and have little control how each supplier packs the orders for shipment. Just Sayin.

This was my third order from Crowd Cow and all have arrived perfectly frozen with no thawing, at all.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	LoneMountain.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	482460
    Last edited by Omega-Man; April 13, 2018, 08:48 AM.

The last shipment I got from Japan was thawed by the time it got to me. Int was still cold, but not frozen. The meat was still fantastic. Incredible in fact. I don't think it mattered that it was thawed, but one more day might have been a problem.

Good to hear yours showed up frozen! Enjoy Omega!

Comment

glad things worked out for you. it looks beautifully marbled! gonna cook soon?

Comment

I’ve had good luck with CC as well, of course there’s always a first time

Comment

So far so good for me also.

Comment

All my shipments have arrived frozen, but even I noted the small amount of dry ice left when I opened my latest A5 order. I had a conversation with one of the higher ups, and I will quote her latest email here.

”we have had it happen to a couple of people. Some due to not enough dry ice which is absolutely our fault and some because of FedEx not doing their job.

That said, we are working as hard as we can to make things right for those customers. Fortunately, we do have extra inventory so they are not just getting a credit or refund but we are starting to run out of certain cuts and it is starting to become a bit of a challenge for replacements. We're not happy unless our customers are happy!”

I believe they know of the problems and are trying to improve. If something is wrong please let them know immediately.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting. I got a slightly different story in that the "higher up" said this problem was rare. They have told me they'll make it right, but I am still waiting for things to be resolved and I'm still waiting anxiously for my first bite of Wagyu.

The drop-shipping idea is probably right. These guys are brokers. They save us footwork by lining up the sources and making it convenient to buy. But I doubt that are involved in the physical logistics at all - except to manage quality control of them. Which leaves the question, I suppose.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here