Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angus Center Cut Sirloin w/ bacon wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angus Center Cut Sirloin w/ bacon wrap

Just finished 24 hour dry brine.

Dropped in the sous vide bath, 1.5 hours.

Will chill, then throw in the pellet grill tomorrow night, then sear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180412_024219.jpg Views:	1 Size:	229.3 KB ID:	481791

Looks like a good start to me!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm not a big sirloin guy, but they were so cute and so much cheaper than filet mignon.

Nice Jerod. I think with the SV bath they will turn out really tender. Looking forward to seeing the finished pics.

Comment

Interested to know if an hour & half is enough time to tenderize them very much?

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Was wondering the same?

Will be watching this thread for sure.

Comment

Can I have a bite?

Comment

That's good looking meat. Sirloin tastes better than filet too. Plus.... you have bacon.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            One of our local butcher shops sells 8-10 oz filets for $7 all day, every day. Needless to say, we have eaten so many that my has said, "Please, not another filet". Ha! We like to use the bacon to wrap around asparagus because I don't like bacon flavored filets.

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmmmmmmm Bacon!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

OH MAN!! Ate it up and drank the little juice off the plate. Dry brine, table ground black pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180413_004319.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	482333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180413_005141.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	482334Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180413_005818.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	482335

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea that's the spirit, who needs a fancy grill !!!

Looks great, Jerod Broussard . I bet it really packed the flavor.

I made sirloin that way this week (2 hours SV at 133°F then seared) with a peppercorn/shallot/garlic sauce on the side. It was surprisingly tender, and, as HouseHomey says, has way more beefy flavor than filet.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; April 13, 2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I like that psg sauce !!

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, nothing not to like in that pan sauce, Troutman. I toss in a bit of demi glace too. Yum.

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here