Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket and Burnt Ends for 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket and Burnt Ends for 30

I am planning on cooking for a friends graduation party and would like some advice on how many briskets I'd need to serve brisket slices and burnt ends. I'll also be serving pulled pork and smoked beans.

I was thinking two full briskets would do it. Separate them prior to cooking and then use the flats for slices and points for burnt ends. Any advice from the brisket folks out there?

Me personally would do 3 briskets.

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have to second this motion. If there are any leftovers you can have street tacos later in the week.

Just serving sliced brisket feeding all grown males would require 30 pounds of raw brisket from the store. Go from there.

Comment

Only 30 people at a grad party? I'm doing 3 grads in June and all of them are around 150 to 200. Anyhow grad party's are hard to judge in terms of how much food. Most people have multiple party's to go to in one day. They may have already eaten at a previous one or they are only staying for 15 minutes and might just grab a cup cake and run.
      Then you have gramma and grandpa who just nibble a bit but then you have the entire high school football team who shows up and piles those plates high! Twice!

But if you're told to feed only 30 and you're having multiple meats and beans I think 2 briskets is plenty.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not a high school graduation, but rather a college graduation reception. Mainly the graduate & spouse, parents, and a few friends. I hear ya on the HS graduations, those are always big number events.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here