Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket: Attempt No. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s in the cambro! My fingers were delicious after the transfer so that’s a good sign haha

Comment

Can’t wait to see the pics. Briskets are great.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Giddyup!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	77472DFB-B11F-4937-A54F-3C7E915A16B4.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	472174Click image for larger version

Name:	81D10DEE-0CD4-48F2-9E6A-CC6420CF487D.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	472175Click image for larger version

Name:	827512F5-6F01-4C5D-93B6-BA77D176A009.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	472176Click image for larger version

Name:	F8761252-0F54-48D5-9DAB-CDC274FCCE68.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	472177 A little dry but flavor was great!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks Great, nicely done, amigo!

You will do better each time you do one. I was scared to death when I did my first one.

Comment

JakeT Here she is sliced. I once again forgot to take a picture of the whole thing. It was good, not glistening wet, and a tad dry on the flat end. If I could change something, I think I'm going to make sure to foil as soon as the crutch hits to preserve that moisture. I'm fairly certain trying to ride my way out of the crutch is what kept it from being sopping wet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	472184
              Attached Files

Comment

That does look great! I know the feeling about the flat - my last one, I did the same, only wrapped because it was taking so long. The point was juicy and tender, the flat was just a teensy-tiny bit dry. Leftovers were definitely dry - there was no leftover point, lol.

I think I'm going to do my next packer sous vide, smoking on front end, at least, maybe on back end, as well. We'll see.

Congrats on the great brisket, that's a home run for a first time!

Comment

Dude!!! Brisket #1 a success! Love it. Keep 'em coming! By your 10th you'll feel like an old hand at it.

#1,000 is fun, too!

Comment

Nice job! Your first brisket is like the first time I had sex, it was dark, I was scared, I was alone! (Rodney Dangerfield).

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lmao 😂

both of the briskets in this thread look really good! I wish I could remember my first one. It was way before I found A.R.and the pit and I'm pretty sure I did not knock it out of the park! lol

Comment

thanks for sharing both of you, they looked great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here