Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked then Seared Beef Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _John_
    replied
    Looks and sounds great, probably not the fireball so much for you but pretty entertaining for me

Leave a comment:

• sbursik
    started a topic Smoked then Seared Beef Loin

Smoked then Seared Beef Loin

I picked up a couple of beef loin steaks from the store the other night to cook for me any my daughter. They were about 8 oz each and a little over an inch thick. I don't know if you have ever had the Smoked Sirloin from Texas Land and Cattle, but its amazing and I decided to try my hand at replicating it. While the grill was coming up to about 250 degrees I started the seasoning. Heavy on the black pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper and kosher salt. This becomes the crust so don't be afraid of putting it on heavy. In the Kamado Joe I decided on using hickory for the smoke. I put the steaks on using indirect heat and smoked them until the internal temp showed to be about 140. I then removed the steaks and the ceramic plates and opened up the top and bottom vents and used my battery powered fan to get the coals raging hot. The grill was running at about 650 degrees. I then put the steaks back on for about a minute on each side to get a good sear and crust. I removed the steaks and let them rest on the cutting board with some herbed butter on top. They were a perfect medium all the way through. Super tender and the crust was perfect. The best steak I have ever cooked. When the steaks were done I closed off the top and bottom vents to kill the coals. I forgot that I had a baguette to toast on the grill so I went back out and opened the lid to put the bread on and BOOM! A huge fireball engulfed my arm and needless to say, I am lacking some arm hair now. I read that this could happen and it did. Lesson learned.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here