Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Catering Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why, but my latest update doesn't seem to be showing up in Today's Posts or in the channel I put it in. Huskee, it is 3 hours later so not sure what is going on.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it post #15 in this thread, the last one on page 1?

• PBCDad
      PBCDad commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris yes if you went back 10 days and found the original post, you could see my update, but it was like it didn't register as a new post

Looks great! Were you able to fit all the butts and briskets on the Jambo at once?

Comment

• PBCDad
      PBCDad commented
      Editing a comment
      No I stuck to my plan of 6 hours each. Maaaybe I could have, but it worked just fine the way I laid it out.

Looks great!Congrats!!

Do you find the meat gets better with piano music? or just any music?

Comment

• PBCDad
      PBCDad commented
      Editing a comment
      For an auction, there certainly were a lot of people sitting around enjoying the food and the music. I suppose that speaks well of my roles, but I'd rather they be out there increasing their bids...

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Dude!!!! So, you cooked for 120 people using a Jambo Backyard (my favorite smoker do date)??!! That's rockin!

Hat's off to you!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

120 Thumbs up. Excellent accomplishment.

Comment

Very very nice! Glad it all worked out well. I AM curious why they wouldn't come all the way up to temp like you wanted... you think it was just too much meat in ovens and wasn't enough room? Like overloading a hot smoker with cold meat and waiting and waiting and waiting for the temp to come back up?

Oh... and I want to know more about this charity of yours. We have a big charity event coming up in 2 weeks from today, but I'm not cooking for it, I'm going to be waaaay too busy. I might consider this method sometime for future events, though!

Comment

• PBCDad
              PBCDad commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! Yes I think it was just the mass of meat was so late that I didn't give it enough time.

Our charity is called BORN A HERO (www.bornahero.org) for a rare disease called Pfeiffer Syndrome, which our daughter was born with. kjunman44 probably sees kids with it fairly often. We decided to start the charity because there was no research or awareness being done for it. Thanks for asking

• kjunman44
              kjunman44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes PCBDad, I have assisted on several Pfeiffer related surgeries over the years. I truly admire your dedication to the cause. I checked out the born a hero website (and made a small donation to help)...your daughter is absolutely adorable! I see that you are in the Seattle area. Two of the craniofacial surgeons I work with trained at Seattle Childrens under Dr. Joe Gruss.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here