Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technique on searing steaks with the Slow n' Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technique on searing steaks with the Slow n' Sear

David Parrish and T-Roy shows how to sear steaks with the Slow n' Sear in this video.
    Last edited by DWCowles; March 20, 2018, 02:07 PM.

What gorgeous steaks. Makes me proud to be an SnS owner.

Kathryn

Comment

Four thumbs up is impressive!

Comment

I don't have that technique down as good as Dave does yet but it is the only way I have cooked a steak since I got my SNS, works great!

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful Lang you have there

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks DW

I think there will be some steak in my very near future.

Comment

Well, I'll just go ahead and admit it: I almost reached for one of those perfectly cooked cubes of steak on that cutting board at about the 14:00 mark. Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one. Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

No you are not the only one Steve, I wanted to reach out and grab one myself. I was going to cook a steak on the Weber today but time got away from me so we ate left over beef stew instead. So the agenda tomorrow will include a big ole fresh bone in ribeye that I picked up at Kroger today, they are dry brining in the fridge right now.
            Last edited by vandy; March 20, 2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

T-Roy looking a little shaggy homeless like...

Comment

• ribeyeguy
                ribeyeguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, ya think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BF242B9-6B8C-4904-8C6A-2A5D4E08ED3F.png
Views:	110
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	470050 You can also accomplish the same even "no grate mark" sear by skewering (use a flat metal skewer) the steak and laying it over a lit chimney (no grate) if you weren’t firing up the grill to reverse sear start them for instance. Works great for a couple of SV bratwurst or anything else small enough to fit on a chimney. Click image for larger version

Name:	F207CBB5-2CC3-4C90-A170-9D75D2A2DC31.png
Views:	106
Size:	592.7 KB
ID:	470049

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here