Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a great day to be a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great day to be a dog

While doing my pastrami threw on a brisket point for the dogs. They have it made, I get to drill holes for a fence and a goat barn Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_092514.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	468636

Woof!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1!

I hear you. For my dogs everyday is a great day. Start off eating homegrown pork, running ten acres, watching me work, then lounging in the house.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a dog's life!

My dog has it pretty good. She eats what we eat. When dining out my wife orders what she thinks the dog will like because she always brings home left overs! No joke!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it! When I lived in the Bay Area I'd drive around with two dogs and a goat in the bed of the truck and stop at a burger joint to buy them a burger.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Two dogs and a goat sounds like a movie or song title I've hears somewhere.

somethin tells me your dog is spelled backwards.....

Comment

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! and WOOF!

Comment

Well, they are family after all! My dogs are equally as spoiled.

Comment

I approve.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10483.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	468889

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              He approves too!

I love my dogs (5) as much as anyone and spoil them more than most, but ain’t no way they are getting a brisket point!!! I always render trimmings and topdress their dog chow with a little "beef love" but seriously, a point for the dogs just ain’t right!!! customtrim must be pulling our leg!
            Last edited by HorseDoctor; March 18, 2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              No they get brisket a couple times a year, last one was a whole packed that was marked down to 20.00 at Wally world . They are both rescues that were abused very bad before we got them. The German Shepard still has issues being around us at times we have had them for two years now.

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              All good, But I have serious problems believing that even the most discerning dogs in the world will love me more if I gave them point brisket instead of a package of Oscar Meyer hotdogs?

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree whole heartedly it is not what you feed them that makes a animal love you back. I'm not a huge brisket person she is a vegetarian so it's just me and the other girls who get the meat. They eat good and have a great life now, but most of the times they would still prefer one of the hens i believe over the beef.

My dog and cat get it raw. They are both on a raw diet. Cooking denatures the protein. 80% muscle meat (with heart part of that), 10% organs (kidney, liver, etc) and 10% bone.

Comment

I’ll save the trimmings off brisket and butts then chop them fairly small and add a little to their regular food. But I never cook it. What’s funny is they love raw veggies just as much or more...Ha

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here