Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Tri Tip With Board Sauce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Well let me see. I love the stuff.

• FireMan
    replied
    F S, I done dood it. Pics on show what you’ve been cooking. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    PJBowmaster I had a hard time finding them here in Minnesota as well. Never seen one in a grocery store around here and still haven't. I hooked up with a local food service company a few years ago and could source tri tips through them.
    I have to buy a case at a time which is no problem but these are prime grade that I got through Creek Stone Farms. These were trimmed up nicely and I didn't need to do much at all as far as trimming. The ones I get through the food service has a fat cap on them and are choice grade but still very good.

You can actually peel the fat cap off a tri tip in one piece if you do it right. Kind of like removing the membrane from a rack of ribs.

Leave a comment:

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    BOOM. Home run! Looks FANTASTIC. Love me some tri-tip w/board sauce!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    PJBowmaster, happy trails.

• PJBowmaster
    commented on 's reply
    FireMan. I'm currently loading up and hauling out. So my cookers are currently out of commission. But thanks for the information. I'll be sure to check them out when we get settled. Particularly if we can't find local sources. PJ

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    PJ, try Creekstone & they are on sale.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    But not departed! 🤠

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yea no pix it didn't happen, nada, zilch, zippo, otherwise banned, you're deported

• PJBowmaster
    commented on 's reply
    Spearfish, SD. On the Northern edge of the Black Hills. Last town on I 90 before you hit Wyoming....

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Where are you going to there? Beautiful country!

• PJBowmaster
    replied
    Great Post! And great job on that Tri Tip!!! That's not a cut of beef we typically work with here in Michigan. Not sure I've even seen one in the Supermarket. But I'm moving to Western South Dakota in a couple weeks. That's Beef country and I suspect Tri Tip is more readily available. I look forward to working that into my repertoire...

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Wow!! Nice write up and cook!! That first pic looks like the B-1 bomber, I’ll bet that meat turned out to be the bomb !!!

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Love me some tri tip! That board sauce looks good too!

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    If you are looking for something different For the remainder of your tri tips, look up the Santa Maria style rub that is used on these out west. It’s phenomenal you won’t be disappointed!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here